Can I use a different CDN with ShortPixel Adaptive Images?
If you want to use your own CDN when using ShortPixel Adaptive Images, instead of ShortPixel's CDN, follow these steps:
- Think of a name for the subdomain from which you want the images to be delivered. For example, if your domain is example.com, you could choose
- Edit your DNS records to add a CNAME from
no-cdn.shortpixel.ai. This step might be slightly different depending on what CDN you use.
example.comshould be changed to your actual domain, and that
cdnshould be changed to something else if it's already used by another CNAME, like
Please contact your CDN provider if you need assistance with this step.
- Make sure the new record (cdn.example.com) works as expected with an online tool like whatsmydns.net.
- Go to Settings > ShortPixel AI > Behaviour > API URL and enter the following URL:
example.comwith your actual domain name.
- Replace the
cdnpart if your subdomain is different, like configured above.
- Please note that if you're not using Cloudflare as CDN, then your CDN should be able to handle the SSL certificate so you can have the API URL with
https. If they cannot handle this, a certificate error will occur and your API URL should start with
Here you will find instructions on how to do the previous steps for the most important CDN providers.