On what pages does SPIO optimize images?
ShortPixel Image Optimizer (SPIO) requires having at least one of the following pages open to optimize your images.
- Settings > ShortPixel
- Pages > All Pages
- Posts > All Posts
- Posts > All Posts > Edit Post
- Posts > Tags
- Media > Library
- Media > Other media
- Media > Bulk ShortPixel (only for Bulk processing)
- NextGEN > Overview
- NextGEN > Add Gallery
- NextGEN > Manage Galleries
- NextGEN > Manage Albums
This way if you have, for example, many authors on your site, the images they upload will be optimized right away while they edit a post.
If you can't or don't want to open one of the above pages to be able to process your images, you have three alternatives. All of them require you to have at least SPIO version 5 installed:
- You can do the processing using the embedded WP-CLI support.
- You can set up a cron job to run SPIO whenever you want.
- You can add your own custom pages to the above list. See the section "Additional pages for background optimization" in Actions and filters of ShortPixel Image Optimizer.